The Ssubi Foundation is a registered Canadian charity that seeks to provide poverty relief to underprivileged Ugandan children and their families through educational initiatives and the provision of micro-financing. Specifically, this includes:
- providing financial aid and school supplies (including school fees, uniforms, scholastic materials, medical costs, meals and transportation);
- supporting the existing Ugandan school system by:
- building new school blocks or renovating existing schools,
- providing scholastic materials, and,
- providing training and/or competitive salaries to teachers; and,
- establishing micro-financing opportunities to help Ugandan families start small businesses.